Simple Greek Salad


There are many varieties of salads and they are among the easiest things to make. They can be enjoyed as a snack, appetizer or even a meal. 

I usually make Greek salad when I'm in the mood for an easy lunch to bring to work. I prepare the vegetables by washing them and cutting them the night before and dress it in the morning so the flavors can mix before it is lunch time.

To make Greek salad, simply chop a tomato, 1/2 of a cucumber, 1/2 an onion (red ones are preferable, but sometimes I use sweet onions), and a green pepper into bite sized pieces and mix together with 1 cup of crumbled feta cheese. Then add pepper and a little bit of salt to taste. (I usually don't add much salt as the feta is salty enough for the whole salad). Sprinkle with 2 tsp. of each dried, crushed oregano and basil, then drizzle olive oil on top to coat. Toss to mix thoroughly and enjoy!

Comments